Master Thesis: Design and implementation of a protocol for seamless interaction between different Online Social Networks
Design and implementation of a protocol for seamless interaction between different Online Social Networks
Online Social Networks, named as OSNs, have changed the way how people communicate and share information. OSNs are distinguished among them for the way how they share information and also for the kind of information they share, which motivate users to use different OSNs. The usage of different OSNs implies that users
are bound to register their personal information each time they want to be part of a different OSN.
OSNs are rapidly gaining importance in the last years. The amount
of OSNs users and the fact that the current OSNs have released
lot of services and/or open API (Application Programming
Interface), has lead to third party developers to build different
However until now, a direct interaction between different OSNs is limited and
there is not a standard communication that grants to OSNs sharing data so that the final OSN users can take advantage of this communication. This project considers that an implementation of a communication protocol makes possible the conception of a fluent interaction between OSNs whose features are not necessarily matching.
This project aims to define a protocol that allows OSNs communicate in order to share information in a generic way under the context of a Macro OSN(MOSN).
Throughout the development of this project will be analyzed
different technologies and specifications that can be part of the
construction of the protocol, for instance, those technologies
and specifications that allow the unification of all identities of a
person in the Internet and their relationship.
In accordance with the above idea, this project aims to define a protocol that allows OSNs to communicate in order to share information in a generic way within the Macro Online Social Network. Additionally, the project takes into account the implementation of the protocol by means of the construction of a prototype.
- Define a protocol of communication that allow to different Online Social Networks to achieve a seamless communication in which them can share information in a generic way through the users requests.
- Define the main set of common features in OSN and determine which of them should be considered as mandatory and which of them should be considered as optional
- Specify a protocol that allows to deal with the features matching selected.
- Define a testing method in order to evaluate the protocol.
- Design and implement a prototype that allows to evaluate the functionality of the protocol.
Supervisor: Sebastian Göndör 
Type: Master Thesis
Duration: 6 months
10587 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 8353 58811
Fax: +49 30 8353 58409