Inhalt des Dokuments
- June 7th, 2011: Shortened duration for the project block and changed date of the final presentation. See Schedule for details. Participants will also receive a notification email.
- April 26th, 2011: Deadline for the final version of the seminar papers is June 21st, 2011.
20th, 2011: Slides of the project can be downloaded from
- March 30th, 2011: First meeting for the SNET Project will be on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 in FR 5047 at 2pm.
The module consists of two parts – a seminar and a practical project. In the beginning of this course, seminar topics are given to the participants, as well as corresponding literature to start with for their research topics in the areas of mobile computing, location-based services and m-commerce. The lectures provide introductions on giving expert talks and preparing scientific work. Main objectives of the seminar are an expert talk given by the participants and a written report. During the project, the teams will cope with creating applications on android devices and servers that will be realized from idea development, software design, implementation and testing. Besides regular courses, the expert talks of the seminar as well as the implementation part and presentations of the project will be held as a block course. The project starts with forming teams and assigning topics in the area of mobile applications. In the project block, the topics will be implemented and tested on real devices and servers. The course finishes with the presentation of the results in a speech and a written project documentation. The entire project is accompanied by tutorials on tools used for software development and documentation. Lectures and practical lessons are given in English. The module can be finished in one semester. Seminar and project is limited to 12 participants each.
This compulsory course (Wahlpflichtfach) addresses Bachelor-, Master- and Diploma- students of
- Computer Science (Informatik)
- Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Compulsory Elective in other degree programs possible if course is not full.
|Lecture||Tuesday||2.00 pm -
4.00 pm||April 19th 2011 - July 12th, 2011||FR
|Seminar Expert Talks||Tuesday||9.00 am - 5.00
pm||June 28th, 2011||FR 5047|
|Project Block||Monday - Friday||9.00 am - 5.00 pm||August 1st 2011 -
August 12th, 2011||FR 5018|
Presentation||Friday||5.00 pm - 6.00
pm||August 12th, 2011||FR
Final grades for the module will be composed of grades on partial performances of the seminar and project. As a prerequisite, each partial performance has to be passed to successfully finish the whole module. Basis for grading is the following evaluation scheme:
- Seminar speech 15%
- Seminar report 20%
- Participation in project 20%
- Implementation 30%
- Project documentation 15%
After being accepted as
participant, all students have to register at their examination
authority to take part in the exams. Otherwise no grades can be given
for this course.
Students can register for this course by sending an email including name, field of study, semester and level of experience with object-oriented programming to Ulrich Bareth  or Abdulbaki Uzun .
The papers of this year's seminar
can be downloaded here:
WLAN Positioning ; written by Jonas Geistert
Algorithms and Methods in Recommender Systems ; written by Daniar Asanov
Automated Testing for Android ; written by Stefan Piotrowski
Semantic Web Standards ; written by Jose Luis Medina Burgos
Web Tracking; written by Niklas Schmücker
Software Development and Collaboration: Version Control Systems and Other Approaches ; written by Jose Antonio Escobar Garcia
LTE vs. WiMAX - Next Generation Telecommunication Networks ; written by Bersant Deva
Context Modeling and Reasoning Techniques ; written by Ferit Topcu
Mobile OS - Features, Concepts and Challenges for Enterprise Environments ; written by Thomas Renner
Here's an overview of projects,
which have been completed by our students so far:
- ST 2011 - TrackMyTrip  developed by Jonas Geistert, Stefan Piotrowski, Jose Luis Medina Burgos, Niklas Schmücker, Jose Antonio Escobar Garcia, Bersant Deva, Ferit Topcu, Jinjin Li, Thomas Renner, Boxuan Li, Daniar Asanov
- WT 2010/2011 - Zeitgeist  developed by Dieter Eberle, Denis Huber, Constantin Schmidt, Jonas Willaredt
- ST 2010 - WiesnApp  developed by Sahil Sachdeva, Andreas Schmidt-Dannert, Hendika Sugiharto
10587 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 8353 58811
Fax: +49 30 8353 58409
e-mail query