Inhalt des Dokuments
- May 30th, 2010 -- Update: Seminar presentations will be held on Wednesday June 30th, 2010
- May 3rd, 2010 -- Lecture on tuesday May 4th is cancelled
- April 26th, 2010 -- Lecture on tuesday April 27th cancelled
- April 20th, 2010 -- Download section: Research lecture slides and LaTeX example
- April 13th, 2010 -- There was a mistake about the first lecture since the semester starts at April 12th, today was the first lecture. Interested students are still welcome to attend the module lecture next Tuesday, April 20th.
- April 13th, 2010 -- Application extended till April 24th, see section application for details
- April 12th, 2010 -- Download section: Introduction lecture slides
- March 26, 2010 -- Application extended till April 17th, see section application for details
- March 26, 2010 -- Website has been created.
The module consists of two parts – a seminar and a practical project. In the beginning of this course, seminar topics are given to the participants, as well as corresponding literature to start with for their research topics in the areas of mobile computing, location-based services and m-commerce. The lectures provide introductions on giving expert talks and preparing scientific work. Main objectives of the seminar are an expert talk given by the participants and a written report.
During the project, the teams will cope with a realizing applications on android devices and servers that will be realized from idea development, software design, implementation and testing where they can apply several methods and knowledge that have been achieved during basic courses (terms 1-4).
Besides regular courses, the expert talks of the seminar as well as the implementational part and presentations of the project will be held as block course.
The project starts with forming teams and assigning topics in the area of mobile applications. The project contains several stages from idea development, software design, implementation and testing where the participants can apply several methods and knowledge that have been achieved during basic courses (terms 1-4).
In the project block at the end of July the topics will be implemented and tested on android devices. The course finishes with the presentation of the results in a speech and a written project documentation. The entire project is accompanied by tutorials on tools used for software development and documentation.
Lectures and practical lessons are given in English.
The module can be finished in one semester.
Seminar and project are limited to 12 participants each.
This compulsory course
(Wahlpflichtfach) adresses Master students of
- Computer Science (Informatik)
- Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik)
- Compulsory Elective in other degree programs possible if course is not full.
| Lecture|| Tuesday|| 2.00 pm -
5.00 pm|| April 12th - July 23rd, 2010|| FR
Wednesday|| 4.00 pm - 6.30 pm|| June 30th,
2010|| FR 5047|
Block|| Monday-Sunday|| 9.00 am - 7.00
pm|| July 26th - August 8th, 2010|| FR
| Final Presentation||
Monday|| 2.00 pm - 6.00 pm|| August 9th,
Final grades for the module will be composed of grades on partial performances of the seminar and project. As a prerequisite, each partial performance has to be passed to successfully finish the whole module. Basis for grading is the following evaluation scheme:
- Seminar speech 15%
- Seminar report 20%
- Participation in project 20%
- Implementation 30%
- Project documentation 15%
Students can register for this course by sending an email including name, field of study and semester to Ulrich Bareth.
The papers of this year's seminar can be
Current and Future Mobile Platforms ; written by Hendika Sugiharto
Mobile Commerce - An Overview ; written by Sahil Sachdeva
Positioning Technologies and Mechanisms for Mobile Devices ; written by Andreas Schmidt-Dannert
Please have a look at the Android application
developed by our students in this term:
- WiesnApp  developed by Sahil Sachdeva, Andreas Schmidt-Dannert, Hendika Sugiharto
10587 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 8353 58811
Fax: +49 30 8353 58409
e-mail query